Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Sunday, May 21, 2006

eyeglasses

May is a good month for government employees because we get
half of our 13th month pay and bonus.

But usually, it has already been allotted for tuition fees
and other expenses at home.

I was allotting half of what I got for the quarterly payment
of my insurances and the other half was supposed to be saved. But
I've been spending so much this May.

Tonight, I just bought new eyeglasses. I know that it is
about time but I can't help feeling guilty that I added another
expense this month.

The eyeglasses I am wearing was bought in 1997. It may have
been expensive then but it has served its purpose well. Fortunately,
the grade of my eyeglasses were steady these past years. And I hope
that it stays that way so my new eyeglasses will also serve me long.

Hmmm...I just remembered that sidewalk vendors also sell
eyeglasses in Quiapo for Php 50 to Php150 only. One must know one's
grade, of course :) And I don't think they sell eyeglasses with high
grades.

An officemate buys reading glasses there time and again but
personally, I don't recommend it. Eyes are too precious to fool
around with. Take it from someone who has been nearsighted for more
than half her lifetime.

sayong
05-20-06 11:55pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home