Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Good Housekeeping

Last March, an article in Good Housekeeping magazine
featured beautiful vacation places this summer. It attracted my
attention and since then, I've been buying copies of this magazine,
including back issues.

I find it very informative. I particularly look forward to
its tips on decorating the house and how to spend/save/invest money.

After our German class last night, Tranqs and I passed by SM
City Manila. There were more back issues of Good Housekeeping
magazine. And of course, I bought more.

I recommend an article in the December 2005 issue entitled
"'Wag Waldasin ang Bonus! Save and Invest Now" (don't squander your
bonus, save and invest now). I wish that I read it then (December) or
even just before the giving of our half-year bonus last week.

Anyway, the tips were almost the same as the ones featured
in the Entrepreneur magazine (which I wrote about last Saturday).

In summary, it advises one to place one's money in time
deposit, unit investment trust fund (UITF), mutual fund such as in
Prosperity Money Market Fund or PhilEquity Fund, invest in stocks
directly or go into business.

The good thing about this article is that it advises one in
which banks or places to go to or to contact.

sayong
05-16-06 11:50pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home