Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Saturday, May 20, 2006

foreign service exam

I just learned today that the deadline for the application
for the Foreign Service Officer Examination was last Friday, May 12,
2006.

Too bad for me. I thought that I would be able to take the
written examination this year.

I passed the qualifying examination last year but I didn't
go through the second part, which is the 3-day written examination. I
was so busy with work and German studies that I didn't have time to
review.

Looking back, I think that it was meant to be. One week
before the written examination or last October 19, I experienced
severe abdominal pain. I was so busy with different tests in the
hospital and was finally detected with endometriosis.

Had I taken the examination, I would have only failed
because I was not in form.

It's just too bad that I missed the deadline this year. And
to think that the night before the deadline, my former boss, USec
Toots told me to take the exam. This was after she was informed by my
immediate superior that I've been getting 1.0 (excellent) in German
since Level 1.

Anyway, I believe that nothing happens without a reason and
I am where God wants me to be right now. But I hope I'll know the
real reason soon...aside from my forgetfulness :)

sayong
05-21-06 12am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home