Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Friday, May 19, 2006

another chapter

Our agency has another head. Secretary Renato Velasco
turned over PMS to its new head yesterday, exactly two months after
the last turnover ceremony.

In his short time with our agency, Dr. Velasco, as most in
our unit call him, has done a lot. And he would have made a lot more
improvements in PMS if he had stayed longer.

Before his term, our unit was taken out of the PMS table of
organization, in consonance with the Rationalization Program that is
being implemented in the government.

When Dr. Velasco took over PMS' helm, SWG was returned in
the table of organization.

Dr. Velasco also helped me personally in his brief stay with
PMS. He personally recommended to PCSO my request for medical
assistance.

I learned through an ultrasound last March 28 that my right
ovary already has two follicles, which were detected cystic. My
OB-gyne prescribed what she terms more "aggressive" but more expensive
medicines for six months, as the pills as I am taking now don't seem
to work on me. She again prescribed me to take either Zoladex
(goserelin acetate) or Danazol (Ladogal).

When I asked Mercury Drug Store and Med Express last April,
both of them quoted the same price. Danazol would cost me Php
47,070.00 and Zoladez, Php 60,055.55 for six months.

My doctor again told me to get pregnant as it's the only
other acceptable solution and more effective one.

But since I don't even have a boyfriend, it is easier for me
to find the money to take expensive medicines than to get pregnant.

And Dr, Velasco readily helped me.

Sayong
05-19-06 12am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home