Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

computer doctor

There are several reasons I haven't been regularly posting
on my blog. Among these reasons are:

a) My sister usually beats me to the computer during
weeknights to chat with her husband who's abroad. I normally post at
night – as a review of the day's events.

b) I get engrossed with the TV series I watch. The last one
(Jewel in the Palace) ends at 11p.m, at which time, I already feel so
tired and sleepy.

c) The computer I use at home is so slow at 64 KB RAM and 2
GB unused of its hard disk. Just the thought of waiting for it to
load at 11 p.m. makes me more tired.

d) And for almost two months now, it suddenly turns off. It
turns off more frequently when I go online. Sometimes, it doesn't
restart, even if I give it a few minutes rest. Last weekend, it
wouldn't power on.

Who would like to type late at night in a computer that is
so slow and frequently turns off?

I've been telling people that my computer is dying :)

But tonight, the computer has been on for three hours and it
hasn't turned off yet.

It is thanks to my officemate and classmate in German, Tranqs.

I told him the problem with my computer and he fixed it at
the office today. He added additional memory and I don't know what
else. The point is that this whiz kid fixed the computer in less than
an hour. The last time I asked someone from our ITO fix this
computer, it took three months.

Now, it doesn't suddenly shuts down and is a lot faster. I
hope it stays this way.

If you want someone to fix your computer or assemble one,
you may want to contact him.

sayong
05-09-06 11:20pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home