Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Monday, May 15, 2006

investing on teeth

I spent last Saturday's morning at the dentist.

I finally had all teeth that need fillings seen to. Year in
and year out, I told myself that I would have these filled. But much
as I wanted to, my budget wouldn't allow it. Every time I went to the
dentist for prophylaxis or cleaning, I was always told that some teeth
needed to be filled. But I could only afford one filling every year
and I always tell the doctor to choose the worst one. Last year, I
was told that each filling was Php 500.00.

This year, I have some extra cash and I had nine fillings.
My dentist asked me before the procedure if I was sure and I
confirmed. I didn't know that it would take two and a half hours :)
I thought that I would have lockjaw for keeping my mouth open that
long.

Anyway, I'm glad that I finally got it over with.

I know so many people who have dentures and how difficult it
is for them to eat. And I know that simple preventions such as
prophylaxis and fillings could have prevented it. I know that taking
care of my teeth is a wise investment.

sayong
05-15-06 11:55pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home