Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Saturday, May 13, 2006

slowly but surely in the money game

I finally got my trust fund certificate from Banco de Oro tonight.

I opened the account last Saturday but I had no time to
pick-up the certificate the past days. The bank closes at 7 p.m. and
I go home later than that.

My sister and I discussed placing what little money we have
in Treasury bills. But as advised by Entrepreneur magazine, from
where we got the idea, we found out that small-denominated treasury
bills are easily sold and not easily available.

The same article pointed out that so many people are unaware
about personal investments and keep their money in piggy banks,
savings accounts or time deposits.

It advised passive entrepreneurship as an option towards
financial independence. Under this are three basic investments
options:

a) Treasury bills and Treasury bonds
b) Mutual funds (equity and fixed-income investments)
c) Cooperatives (which invest in T-bills, T-bonds and mutual funds)

My sister placed her money again in Banco de Oro. I learned
that her money is earning more interest than mine does in a year. So,
I withdrew the little money I had on time deposit at another bank.
Coupled with the sum I got last month from my ten-year membership in
Pag-IBIG Fund, I also opened an account in Banco de Oro.

I hope that I made the right choice.

sayong
05-13-06 11:40pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home