Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Sunday, May 14, 2006

diet holiday

Forget diet! That's what I did this Mother's Day.

My mother, my sisters and I partook of Dad's Restaurant's
Ultimate Buffet or Eat All You Can package at SM Megamall. Although
we were only four, our bill reached a few pesos short of Php 3,000.

There was a long queue when we got there. It was already
1:30 p.m. when we got in. And I immediately went to the dessert
table. Everything was delicious – the cream puff, éclair, chocolate
cake, walnut-vanilla cake, brazo de mercedes, maja blanca,
buko-pandan, halu-halo, etc. I was so full that I could only taste
the different ice creams, but not more. Of course, I also ate a lot
of shrimp tempura and crabsticks.

It was good that we brought my 7-month old nephew Ardi. We
took turns in taking care of him and carrying him out of the
restaurant that when one got back to our table, one would have some
more room to eat again.

We left Dad's by 4:00 p.m. Mothers were given stuff toys. I
was also given one. I must have been confused for Ardi's mother.

After mass, we drank some coffee from Brownies but eating
French fries, was the limit. I was full to my neck.

And to think that I have been so careful with my diet the
past month and a half. For health reasons and of course, vanity, I
have been on a low salt, low fat diet. Actually, one of my doctors
put me on no milk, caffeine, sour and spicy foods, fasting and
feasting last month because of hyperacidity. Low fat diet is the
result of my mildly fatty liver.

I have been trying to change my diet and been browsing
through a lot of recipes to improve my health. Last May 5, I bought
seven cookbooks that featured recipes that are supposed to be low on
everything but taste and nutrition :) I have so far sampled only a
few and I have yet to be satisfied.

sayong
05-14-06 11:55pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home