Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Malacanang Museum tour

For the first time in more than 10 years of working in the
OP, I participated in a guided tour of the old Malacanang Palace.

I had pictures taken with:

1) the original governor general�s chair at the Old Waiting
Room. Notice the crest with GG engraved. The tour guide said that
the other chairs had M engraved to indicate either Marcos or
Malacanan.

2) the executive chair where Ferdinand Marcos declared
Martial Law in September 23, 1972. I couldn�t resist although I was
reluctant to sit on it at the beginning. I thought that it might not
be able to bear my weight :)

3) the facade of the old Malacanang Palace or more
popularly known as Kalayaan Hall nowadays. Of course!

sayong
08-14-07 7:30pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home