Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Sunday, June 10, 2007

on the run

While on my way to Quiapo at noon today, I thought, why am I rushing?

When I woke up, I thought that I would only go to mass
early, then breakfast, then go to Quiapo market. By afternoon, I
should have done a little cleaning before going to Bacoor in Cavite,
where my sister now lives.

But then, at almost 8am, I was already late for the mass.
So I decided to have breakfast first instead. As everyone seems to be
using the kitchen, I only used the oven toaster, and it took a little
more than the gas stove should have done. When I went downstairs,
everyone seems to be waiting for water. I think that water is being
rationed so it's little more than a trickle. Thus, I fetched water
outside to wash dishes and to bring upstairs. Exercise, as I have to
go back and forth. Then I cleaned the bathroom and took a bath. And
then, at noon, I was rushing to Quiapo.

It was already 10am when I saw my high school best friend's
text message that her youngest child's first birthday was 1:30pm
today. So aside from market, I also had to buy a gift and fast.

But while looking for a gift, I also saw some more items
that I could bring to my sister. I decided on a rack to organize some
of her things.

Carrying all these, I bought fruits. In front of SM Quiapo,
there was a stall that sells grapes at 70 pesos for half kilo. I
thought that it's cheap enough and perhaps more accurate because its
stall is bigger than the others. But when I came home and measured it
in my kitchen scale, the grapes was only 480 grams and it's not even
seedless. In front of Quiapo Church, I saw some vendors selling
seedless grapes for as low as 35 pesos for half kilo. Anyway, the
other fruits I bought were okay. The ripe mango at 40 pesos is
exactly 1kilogram. I don't know yet if the inside is as good as it
looks outside. The same goes for the avocado which is only 30 pesos
for 1 kilo. The pears are also cheap at 5 pesos per piece. And then
the vegetables. I could hardly carry all that I've bought.

It was already 2:30pm when I got back home. I took a quick
shower, dragged my nephew Timboy and we were off to SM Centerpoint for
the birthday party.

The party ended at 4pm and I rushed for the 4:30pm mass in Bacood.

And now that I am back home, I organized the things I bought
in the refrigerator, arranged the things I will bring to Cavite and
I'm set to go again.

Why am I rushing? I finally realized the answer during
mass. I am rushing to meet all my obligations – to meet my duty as a
friend, as a sister, as a daughter, as a housemate, and as a
Christian. Of course, I enjoy living my life and all my obligations
:)


sayong
06-10-07 6pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home