Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Sunday, June 24, 2007

sound of music

I've been encouraging friends to take advantage of the free
shows this month as the following months won't have as many free
shows, base on my experience. Today, there are many free shows one
could go to such as Fete de la Music in Malate, Manila and Eiga Sai in
Shangri-La. Unfortunately, I myself, haven't been to any :)

This morning, I went with my mother to Manila Doctor's
Hospital in U.N. Avenue to have our annual physical examination
interpreted by a doctor. Then, we met my sister at her office, which
is just across the U.S. Embassy. We then ate lunch at McDonald's
across Manila Pavilion in U.N. Avenue. There, my cousin Malen met
with us. After that, we went to Isetann in Carriedo because I wanted
to show my sister where she could buy cheaper groceries. From
Isetann, we went to SM Quiapo, which also sells lots of bargains. On
both stores, I didn't find the CD I was looking for, though. Since
Friday night, I've been looking for Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie
Poulain, which our French class watched last Thursday in class. My
teacher said that we'd have a quiz on it on Monday.

Instead, what I was able to buy last Friday was a DVD on
classical movies. A part of this set was The Sound of Music. I
didn't know that Edelweiss was a song from this film. I've seen
snatches of it whenever it was replayed on TV but I believe that this
is the first time that I saw it in full. It's really impressive :)


sayong
06-23-07 11:55pm

1 Comments:

  • At July 11, 2007 7:08 AM, Blogger slim whale said…

    hi sayong! haven't visited your blog for a while. how hav you been? tu parles francais bien maintenant?

    you can buy amelie at astrovision, it think they still have them.

    send my regards to ems and the rest of the german class!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home