Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Saturday promenade

It's another shop till you drop day. Well, not really.

I started with an ultrasound at Delos Santos-STI Medical
Center and consultation with my OB-Gyne. So far, so good. She only
advised further observation and another ultrasound in two months.

For the first time, the ultrasound today didn't hurt, the
reason why I dread going through an ultrasound. The doctor, Dra.
Garcia, and her assistant are very solicitous, unlike the other
doctors. Or they were perhaps not as competent as this tandem. The
bad news is that, although the procedure is covered by Medicard (our
new HMO), the doctor's fee is not. It costs 500 pesos.

It was already past 1pm when I left my OB-Gyne's office.
And I missed the 1pm showing of the French animation, Arthur and the
Invisibles at the Shangri-La Plaza. This is part of the nine movies
of the 12th French Film Festival (FFF) which run in Shang Cineplex,
Shangri-La Plaza until June 17.

Anyway, I passed my time in Cubao, looking at all the sales
or bargains. Like Isetann in Quiapo, Isetann in Cubao is also
conducting a sale until June 30. I can't understand why every shop
these days is holding one sale or another. But at least, I got three
more pants at bargain price :)

By 4:30pm, I was already in Shangri-La because I wanted to
watch the French documentary, March of the Penguins. Of all the
movies of the FFF, I told my officemate Em that this one I wouldn't
miss. Not that I know anything about it before I saw it tonight. But
before the announcement of the FFF, I dreamed of penguins skating.
And I thought that this dream is an offshoot of having missed Happy
Feet, which I wanted to see before.

March of the Penguins is really entertaining and an
eye-opener. Perhaps, it is more enjoyable because it has already been
translated to Filipino or Tagalog and more or less got the Filipino
sense of humor. But I am sorry to miss the French narration. I was
looking forward to it.

I would have strolled all over Shangri-La again if my legs
were not hurting from all the walking I've done the whole day. I
haven't even see the exhibit of the different statues of Mama Mary up
close :(

sayong
06-09-07 11:20pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home