Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Pasinaya 2007

I attended the Pasinaya 2007 of the Cultural Center of the
Philippines with my mother and niece Patricia Joy today and was able
to see excerpts of incoming shows there. For sure, I would love to
see "Espana Extension" of Ballet Philippines on March.

We hurried to CCP to catch Philippine Ballet Theater perform
excerpts from Don Quixote. I don't really know what happened. We
were told that due to some technical problems, we couldn't watch PBT.
Ballet Philippines performed instead and I was pleased with what I
saw. I was able to catch some of their actions on my KodakC310. Some
were blurred though because of the fast movements. But some are
really good and I am sorry that I wasn't able to enter these pictures
into the Opencam competition because I ran out of battery and I didn't
have my spare batteries with me.

After this, we had a quick lunch at Mang Inasal at Harbor
Square. The Chicken Inasal was very tasty and quite cheap considering
the location. But its service was quite slow for us who were counting
every minute because the Philippine Madrigal Singers was to start in
less than an hour (1pm) at the Tanghalang Aurelio Tolentino. They
sang Angela Dei, Heal the World, Bubuka ang Bulaklak, Man in the
Mirror and Paraiso (in this order).

Tanghalang Pilipino performed next at the Tanghalang Aurelio
Tolentino with "Ang mga Huwad" (The Pretenders). The full show was at
3-pm. My mother became attentive only when she saw Romnick Sarmenta
playing the young male lead, Tony.

After some picture-taking, we proceeded back to Bulwagang
Francisca Reyes Aquino (BFRA) to see the Philippine Ballet Theater.
Unfortunately, it was already fully-booked 30 minutes before the
performance. It's really popular. Ah well, there's always another
time to see it.

I checked my program and I decided to see the ventriloquism
show that was also scheduled at 3 pm (same as PBT). This was another
decision that paid off. My niece was really amazed and we all had fun
watching Ony Carcamo in "Mga Solong Diyalogo". I've already heard
some of the jokes he shared with his "monkey" Dingdong. A new one was
when the "monkey" said that there was already telephone in the time of
Jesus because the Bible mentioned Peter's denial. Dinayal in Tagalog
is dialed in English. Anyway, many didn't get the joke :) Carcamo
said that he liked being a ventriloquist for where else could one talk
with himself and be paid for it.

After this, we went to BFRA again to watch WI_FI Body
Independent Contemporary Dance. Then, we went to Tanghalang Huseng
Batute and caught some of Hail Mary the Queen Children's Choir' songs.
The last we saw was the Lights and Sound Show by the Sinag Arts
Foundation.

sayong
02-04-07 11:50pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home