Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Sunday, January 14, 2007

one good day

I like this Saturday. As I listen to the Acclamation CD of
the Philippine Madrigal Singers, I reflect on how productive and
peaceful this day has been.

There was no frenzy, no hurry at all. For those who know
what hectic and busy means, this is called a lazy day.

And thus my day began late. I was late for the first day of
my class in German 7 at the Goethe Institut. I underestimated the
time it would take me to get to Makati. Last week, it took me less
than thirty minutes to get there by taxi. But it's really different
when one commutes. I had several short rides. First, I took a
jeepney to the edge of Bacood, which borders Pasig River (or San Juan
River, I can't remember which). Anyway, I then rode a banca to get to
Punta. From Punta, I took another jeepney to St. Francis Church.
From there, a tricycle brought me to Kalayaan where there are jeepneys
going to Ayala, Makati. I got off H.V. dela Costa St. and walked to
Adamson Centre, where Goethe Institut now resides.

The impression I got from the new classmates in Goethe
Institut is that they were very good. I admire the way they spoke
German and their seemingly instantaneous responses in German.

Jed, a teacher in U.P., was always quick to answer. But
what really impressed me was the voice of the student named Red. Wow!
His voice was simply cool, very well-modulated This is the first
time I met a person who perfectly belongs to the broadcast industry
(and I had Mass Communication as an undergraduate course, at that);
not the irritating of voice of Mike Enriquez and other high-pitched
broadcasters. He sounded like one of the characters in the EuroLingua
Deutsch CD whenever he spoke.

Enough or I might sound like his spokesperson :)

After class, Frau Fe, Bebot, Jackie and Tranqs went to a
nearby Starbucks.

After our chitchat, I met with my mother and nephew Timboy
at Greenbelt 3 for grocery shopping. Although we often shop at
Landmark, today is the first time we shopped at its Supermarket. I
found its bagger-boys to be quick in giving a hand; and gave us a very
nice shopping experience.

I also found out that I've already lost three pounds since
last week. Not bad from only ten minutes of exercise a day.

So, it has been a good day, all and all.

"Let There Be Praise", sang Philippine Madrigal Singers in
Acclamation. This is one of the 2006 Christmas gifts I received that
I really like. It's the first time I heard "Let There Be Praise"and I
like it very much. It's reminiscent of Enya's Book of Days but
livelier and more to my taste.

Let there be praise for such a good day :)

sayong
01-13-07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home