Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Saturday, January 20, 2007

getting home

This is the fourth consecutive Saturday that I've been to
Makati. And the first time that I commute home. It has been more
than 10 years since I worked in Makati Business Club and a lot of
changes happened since then, including routes and mode of
transportation. In short, I'm still finding my way around Makati.

To get home, I was supposed to get a bus ride from Rustan's
Makati to Boni Ave. From there, I would have crossed a flyover and
took a jeepney going to Quiapo or Stop & Shop. Then, I would have
gotten off Stop & Shop to ride a Bacood jeepney. Three rides that
would have taken me an hour to get home.

Just as well that I asked a guard in Rustan's if there were
any FX taxis that would pass Nagtahan Bridge. He directed me to the
station beside Landmark. The FX taxis to Nagtahan are located between
Anson's Supermarket and the parking area across Landmark. The fare
was 35 pesos, which was paid to the driver before one hopped in. We
waited for about ten minutes for the FX to fill up. But it only took
about 15 minutes to get to Rotonda/Ramon Magsaysay Blvd. via EDSA and
Quirino Avenue. From Rotonda, I took a Bacood jeepney (the fare is 7
pesos). Two shorter and more comfortable rides, even if a little more
expensive than the other alternative.

But like a child, I feel glad with my little success in
finding an alternate route back home.

This reminds me of the time (December 20, 2006) I went to
the Supreme Court to return the shawl I borrowed from a classmate
working there. I also had to ask for directions to get there. My
classmate was quite apologetic that I had to go through that trouble.
I told her that it was a learning experience. It was the first time
that I got inside an office in the Supreme Court. And like with
almost every first time, I observed everything with relish and filed
in mind for future reference :)

sayong
01-20-07 11:50pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home