Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

speaking French

- Bonjour. Comment vous appelez vous?
* Je m'appelle Sayong, et vous?
- _____. Enchante.
* Moi aussi.
- Aurevoir.

My French class at the DFA started tonight. And boy, if I
were not tired!

My officemate Em told me that for this term, the teacher in
French is the only foreign national. Forewarned, I tried to arrive on
time. When I stepped off the elevator at the fifth floor about 5
minutes to 5pm, I guessed rightly that it was my teacher pacing the
floor.

She started teaching around 5:15pm and dismissed the class
just before 8pm.

I don't think she would have taken a break if Ms. Nona
didn't request to talk to the class. She informed us that the teacher
refused to have the course-book photocopied, so we would have to buy
the set at a discounted price. It is still expensive though.

The lesson was enjoyable though it is still hard to
pronounce and distinguish among the diphthongs. I believe that this
will make learning French very difficult for me.

But structure-wise, I don't think it would be too hard at
this point to study both French and German.

I enrolled for German 7 at the Goethe Institut in Makati
last Saturday with my classmates at the DFA: Tranqs, Bebot, Jackie and
Leah. For this term, the course costs 3,600 pesos and the book, 950
pesos.

sayong
01-10-07 11:30pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home