Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Friday, September 09, 2005

The Cascades

          "Was I dreamin'" was not one of the songs sang by the Cascades when they performed in Heroes Hall in Malacanang last Wednesday night :)  But I would have loved to hear them sing it.

          Nina was their front act and she sang Sunlight and Love Moves in Mysterious Ways.  I can only say that she's beautiful in person :)

          The Cascades rendered Angel on My Shoulder, Dreamin, Warm Manila Nights (which member Gab Lapano performed on piano), Shy Girl, My First Day Alone, Rhythm Of The Rain (which matched the rain just then), and The Last Leaf.

          I guess that I should have watched their concert tonight in Araneta Coliseum.  Or should watch them in Manila Hotel tomorrow.  But that is expensive :)

          sayong
          09-09-05  11:10pm

          

==============================

The Last Leaf by:  The Cascades
Lyrics by:  Chandler/McKendry  
1963

The last leaf clings to the bough
Just one leaf, that's all there is now
And my last hope lives with that
Lonely leaf, lonely leaf
With the last leaf that clings to the bough

Last summer beneath this tree
My love said she'd come back to me
Before the leaves of autumn
Touched the ground, touched the ground
My love promised, she'd be homeward bound

Then one by one
The leaves began to fall
And now that winter's come to call

The last leaf clings to the bough
Just one leaf, that's all there is now
Will my last hope fall with that
Lonely leaf, lonely leaf
With the last leaf the last leaf
The last leaf that clings to the bough
Bough, bough, bough.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home