Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Thursday, September 08, 2005

the beautiful

Blame it on my near-sightedness...but I usually don't notice
things around me :) I always tell Em that I can never be a witness.
Aside from being forgetful, I just don't take note of what's
happening.

For me, the Presidential Guards are very much a fixture in the
Palace, whom I don't notice until they speak or demand attention :)

This morning, one said, "Good morning, san po kayo?" (where are
you going?) to the visitors behind me. I would have just gone on if
one of the visitors didn't say, "Good morning, papa."

When I took a look back, he's really Papa-ble :) He's neat and
fresh-looking in his barong tagalog. He's fair in complexion and
good-looking. Papa talaga :) Nabakla ako :) And he made my mood
lighter.

With this, I can appreciate Imelda Marcos' advocacy of "the
good, the true and the beautiful." When one's surrounded by beautiful
things, one tends to hope and think of good things.

But then again, perhaps not. Man's greed does not stop from
seeing and owning just one beautiful thing. It tries to look for and
own more...

Anyway, my mood is good and I'd rather not dwell on humanity's
dark side :)

sayong
09-08-05 10:50pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home