Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Monday, September 05, 2005

Chantal Lucas

For the first time in years (2-4 years perhaps), I played the tape Praise 4. It was given to me by Chantal Lucas and I suddenly miss her.

Chantal Lucas was like a mother to me when I was at the
World Alliance of YMCA's in Genava, Switzerland in 1994. I believe that more than anyone there, she understood how I missed my family. She toured the Philippines before she married. And she told me that one glaring difference between Geneva and the Philippines is in the size of their churches and houses. While churches in the Philippines are imposing structures and most of the people's houses are small, churches in Geneva are quite small compared to the high-rise buildings in which people live.

She wrote me several times but I haven't been good at keeping in touch and writing letters. Now, I wonder where Chantal and her family are now.

Well, technology has shrunk the world. Perhaps, I'll meet her again one of these days :)

sayong
09-04-05 11:55pm

1 Comments:

  • At July 01, 2008 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In case you re-established contact with Chantal, please let me know. I am looking for her, too - we got to know each other at the YMCA World Conference in Cologne, Germany in 1998.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home