Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Saturday, March 03, 2007

c’est la vie

I feel good.

I already lost 5 pounds, since I decided to lose weight last
January, according to the weighing scale in Mercury Drug at Glorietta
Center, Makati. Every Saturday (after my German 7 class), I make it a
point to go to Mercury Drug.

Perhaps, I would have lost more weight if I'd been exercising
these past two weeks. But until now, my smallest toe that hit a door
on Valentine's Day is still swollen. I haven't been to the doctor
since February 16.

But perhaps, I've been losing a pound every week since then
because there is no longer any birthday party to go to :) and I have
not been able to sleep well. My toe hurts and I particularly notice
the pain at dawn, when it is colder.

It is not as swollen as last week and a far cry from two
weeks ago. I noticed that the swelling decreased after I started
wearing sandals to the office last Wednesday and after several
application of hot compress as the doctor suggested on February 16
(which hardheaded that I am didn't follow). His remaining
instructions are to come back to him after a week if it still hurts
and to have it x-rayed, which I didn't do as well :)

Anyway, I feel good right now :)

As I told my German teacher and Jackie at Dulcinea, "this is
life!" C'est la vie in French or la vida maravillosa in Spanish.
Whatever. I can't help feeling « high » when I face lots of sweets :)
I only had churros con chocolate with café latte, although I wanted
to order mocca meringue and more :)

When we parted, I checked the sale in Glorietta. BPI Credit
Card is holding another 0% installment madness at Ayala Center this
March.

I ended up buying a Swatch watch. I can't remember if it was
2001 or 2002 when I last bought one. But this is my first Swatch
Irony. Swatch has, as a cliché goes, "a soft spot in my heart". It
is the first watch that I bought with my own money, when I was in
Geneva in 1994. If my memory was right, my first watch was a Casio,
given by my mother. It was stolen when I forgot it in our front yard.
Other watches that were given to me when I was still a teenager gave
me allergies. I still have photos where I wore handkerchief under my
watch.

Starting with the crowning of a tooth last March 1 and
further expenses today, my March seem to have started on the wrong
foot as far as expenses is concerned.

Again, c'est la vie :)


sayong
03-03-07 11:55pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home