Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Friday, February 23, 2007

Solothurn

The Cité Médiévale in our French book reminds me of a place I've once been, Solothurn.

My Bolivian co-intern at the World Alliance of YMCA, Patricia, met a compatriot living there. We spent Saturday night and Sunday at Solothurn, but we saw very little. We spent the night and half the day at her friend's house, just chatting. When we got to the city of Solothurn, many of the notable places were closed, including the Information Office. We just walked around the city, entered the Cathedral St. Ursus and took some pictures. By 6pm, we were on our way back to Geneva.

Then and even now, I still feel awed by Solothurn's oldness, manifested by its cobbled walks, ancient walls and general architecture. It's the same feeling I get whenever I see places like Manila's University of Sto. Tomas (17th century). Enduring is the only word I can use to describe these places. How would it feel to be part of this type of institution or to have such a heritage?

sayong
02-21-07 11:20pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home