Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Monday, December 12, 2005

return to work

Today is my first day back at work. Thankfully, it has been
a very light day.

It's completely opposite my official first day back at work
after my one-year study leave in 2000. It was September and the heavy
rains flooded Metro Manila, which caused the suspension of work and
classes. Only my immediate boss and I made it to the office. Though
I didn't like to come to the office in the heavy rains (work hadn't
been suspended then yet), I didn't think anyone else could go to work
and there wouldn't be anyone to attend those that needed to be done.
My guess was right – no one else could come and it was a very busy
day. By late afternoon, the rains stopped coming and so did more
work. I was able to attend that evening my one and only remaining
class for that semester.

It just goes to show that we may walk to same path twice or
a number of times but our experience will never ever be the same.
Nothing is constant in this life :)

sayong
12-12-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home