Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Thursday, December 01, 2005

early Christmas gift

This is a lucky day; a day in which I really feel grateful..

Today, I saw my doctor for the first time after I left the
hospital last Friday.

And for the first time, I saw my wound. I was afraid to
look at it but my doctor insisted that I saw it before she dressed it.
And I had nothing to fear. My wound is healing so well and the
stitch scar I was afraid I'd have might probably be less visible than
the marks I now have from scratching the paper tape holding my
previous bandage. The paper tape was really itchy, especially since
it was placed after my operation last Tuesday and was just removed
today. Nine days! But my vanity has been rest assured today.

My doctor also said that I might not have to buy the
expensive medicines she prescribed before my surgery. She said that
she'd put me on pills for three months, which is a lot cheaper, and
then take it from there. I was really worried about my follow through
(follow-up, whatever) medication. My doctor insisted that I take
further medication to prevent more endometrioma or recurrence of my
endometriosis. But her previous prescriptions would cost me about
10,000 pesos a month for the next six months. And I just don't have
the budget for it. I really thought that I wouldn't be able to have
anything to spend for Christmas.

But now, I can think about buying my Christmas gifts :)

sayong
12-01-05

1 Comments:

  • At December 02, 2005 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sayong, you are a Xmas present to all, just by being you. take time out to enjoy and I'll pray your operation is a total and long lasting success!

    brian

     

Post a Comment

<< Home