Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Friday, September 16, 2005

God or country

Which should come first, the national anthem or the doxology?

This has been posed time and again during coordination meetings.

And I thought of this because time and again, I would be
forced to cut my prayers at home so that I could work. Yesterday
morning, my boss called while I was praying, so I stopped and did
first what I was asked to do. I resumed my prayers but hurried off
again when I heard the phone ringing. It was also my call.

Will it be God or country?

Is my work really for the country? Most of the times, I am
called to iron out or troubleshoot other's mistakes.

But for your reference, the national anthem always comes
first in the program.

sayong
09-16-05 10:05pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home