Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Sunday, June 03, 2007

leaveland

I was teasing my nephew Timboy that he already spent my
mother's food budget this coming week.

After the 6pm mass at Greenbelt Chapel, we had dinner at
Landmark's Foodcourt because we intended to buy groceries. As I
always tell my mother, many of the items we buy are cheaper in
Landmark than in SM.

Anyway, while we were shopping, my mother mentioned that
Timboy's mother chided him for asking me to buy him a T-Shirt in Royal
Subic last week instead of school shoes. Most schools start classes
tomorrow.

So after Landmark, we ran to Glorietta Center, which was
also already closing for the day. Although it was only 10 minutes to
9pm, it is actually closing late because many of its establishments
closes at 8 p.m. It closes late due to the Ayala Center-wide sale.
And it's that sale that I was trying to catch.

We managed to make it to Leaveland, whose employees were
already returning their products inside the shop. My nephew
immediately found one he likes. I kept asking him to look at the
other styles in case he was only pressured to make a pick because it
was closing time. But his mind was made up and my mother said that he
actually chose one that is similar to his younger brother's new shoes.
Quite expensive though it was, at least, I got 20 percent discount.
I could still do a lot with 200 pesos :)

My work shoes also need a replacement but I didn't find
anything there that suits me. Anyway, there's always a next time :)

sayong
06-03-07 11:50pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home