Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Monday, April 24, 2006

a happy death

This morning greeted us with the news that 1980 Ms. Universe
runner-up Maria Rosario "Chat" Silayan died in her sleep at 46.

It's the kind of death that I would wish for myself. No
drama, no suffering and no astounding expenses (like hospitalization)
left for my family to pay :)

Our late parish priest, Fr. Raul, said that one should
always pray for a happy death. It's quite odd, isn't it? :)

I used to fear death. When my grandfather died and followed
by my youngest aunt in less than two months, I was a nutcase. I
thought that I'd be next :) And I didn't want to be in that dark
place called purgatory, where the spirits of the dead are said to go
first until their sins are fully pardoned. I was afraid of the dark
and the unknown.

But that was in 1997 and I have since then accepted that we
all die and that my fear was as much a fear of the unknown as well as
my unpreparedness.

I have since taken care of things like insurance, etc. I
guess that all that remains to prepare is my spirit -- that I will be
good enough to accept God's grace.

I found a site that compiled several prayers for a happy
death at http://landru.i-link-2.net/shnyves/Pray_happy_death.html.
You might want to check it out.

sayong
04-24-06 4:55pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home