Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Bayanihan

I've seen Bayanihan perform one or two numbers but this is
the first time I've seen Bayanihan dance ala StreetBoys.

My mother, nephew Tom and I went to Pasinaya: The CCP Open
House Festival 2006, which presented sneak previews of this season's
shows.

I wanted to see the performance this afternoon of Philippine
Madrigal Singers and Ballet Philippines but we were held up by the
heavy traffic the procession for Senor Sto. Nino caused.

It was quite a good thing for otherwise, we might not have
been able to see Bayanihan perform, as the shows very closely
succeeded one another.

Who would have thought that there's room for tumblings in a
Muslim dance or the Maglalatik?

My mother was so amazed that she had to put on her glasses
to see the performance better :)

This is the first time my nephew and mother watched in CCP
and they are looking forward to the next one. As I do :)

sayong
01-29-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home