Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

state after the holidays

It's good that I graduated from U.P., also known as the University of
Pila (line). I got used to long queues.
Since last week, government workers have been queuing at different
ATMs under Expressnet (Land Bank), Megalink and Bancnet to withdraw
their 2005 dividends from the Government Service Insurance System
(GSIS).
But by the end of last week, Expressnet cut its connection to GSIS's
Unionbank because the mass withdrawal is giving trouble to its
network.
My boss went to Unionbank last Monday noon to withdraw his dividend
but changed his mind when he saw about 20 people standing in line.
I thought that the line would be shorter if I withdraw after work,
when people would be rushing home rather than dallying elsewhere.
How wrong I was! When I got to Unionbank in Quiapo, there were almost
30 people waiting in line. I nearly backed out. But then, I thought
that it would be some time before I saw a Unionbank ATM again or
before I would go again to Quiapo...sometime is once a week :). I
might as well brave it out :)
It took about 40 minutes of waiting patiently for my turn. It would
have been a shorter wait if all knew how to use the ATM machine or had
clearer vision at night. It seems that it was the first time for
half the government employees there to use an ATM machine.
But I really pity the man ahead of me. His inquiry showed only 40
pesos so he kept repeating the process until it dawned on him that the
figure wouldn't change by inquiring repeatedly.
The girl behind me asked if she could go before me as it wouldn't take
her long to inquire. She was true to her word. She didn't have
anything to withdraw either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home