Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Friday, March 28, 2008

romantic language

Upon the invitation of my French teacher, I attended the
cocktail reception at the residence of the Belgian Ambassador to the
Philippines in Forbes Park, Makati tonight with some classmates. It's
in celebration of the International Week of Francophonie
(areas/countries that speak French).

A discussion with a professor from the University of Sto.
Tomas lead to one of the most popular reasons given by students who
study French – that is, it's the most romantic language or the
language of love. I honestly don't understand this.

I believe that love or its expression doesn't favor any
language. It's the sincerity of someone expressing love that makes it
romantic.

sayong
03-27-08

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home