Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

better late

Today is the first day of work in 2007 and I was late.

Over breakfast, my mother told me that my cousin Jonie would return
the amplifier and speakers he borrowed from my cousin in Violago
Parkwoods this morning.

I thought that it would be good to send the excess food last Media
Noche (New Year midnight meal) to my cousins living there. Instead of
taking a bath immediately after breakfast, my mother and I packed ham,
cakes and fruits for my cousins.

As I arrived late at the office, I went home late.

It turned out beneficial for two Canadian tourists who I came across
with at the corner of Concepcion Aguila St. and Mendiola. They were
father and son with a Filipina friend guiding them. The young
Canadian said that he has been in the Philippines for two months while
his father has just arrived here. But it seemed that all the young
Canadian has seen so far was Ortigas. To rectify it, they've been all
over Manila the whole day to check different mosques and churches.
But the Filipina friend said she was not familiar with Manila as she
lives in Pasig. When I told her that a friend lives in Manggahan and
another in Karangalan Village, she said that she wasn't also familiar
with these places as she has just moved to Pasig. Anyway, I came
across them while the young Canadian was checking a map of Metro
Manila and the street sign (C. Aguila). They were looking for the
Golden Mosque.

I told them that it was in Quiapo. They've been to Quiapo Church and
Binondo area earlier and missed it. I told them to take a jeepney to
Quiapo (which is a lot easier, after all the walk they've done) but
they intended to walk. After a lot of explaining, I walked them
(which was going back for me) to the corner of C. Aguila and Legarda
Streets and gave them the new directions. I hope that they finally
saw it.

After all these, I felt good. I am glad to be of help.

sayong
01-02-07 10:40pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home