Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ilocano dishes

I still have a hangover of my report in German and took pictures of my dinner today. I had a true Ilocano fare tonight --- pinakbet with bagnet. And they rhyme, too :)


12-06-06-pinakbet Posted by Picasa


12-06-06-bagnet Posted by Picasa

As I don’t eat anything with bagoong, my mother uses patis (fish sauce) when she cooks pinakbet.

From time to time, my mother prepares her own bagnet. Although it’s also delicious, it just cannot compare to the bagnet bought in Ilocos. My sister said that a kilo costs 350 pesos nowadays. My mother’s version is like chicharon but better for one’s health. That is, it’s not saturated with salt.

After eating healthy pakbet and cholesterol-rich bagnet, I had fiber with melon.

12-06-06-melon Posted by Picasa

Life is simply delicious :) Burp...


sayong
12-06-06 10:35pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home