Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Thursday, June 15, 2006

down, down

When I saw the Inquirer's business headline today, I could
only think, "Patay!" (I'm dead). Its headline is "Peso shaken,
markets stirred". (URL:
http://money.inq7.net/topstories/view_topstories.php?yyyy=2006&mon=06&dd=14&file=1)

I didn't use to bother about money market. It's just
statistics to me.

But when I tried to include my mother in my bank account
last Saturday, I learned just how important these numbers and
movements are to me.

I was told that if I included my mother in my UITF (unit
investment trust fund) in Banco de Oro, it would be terminated. Only
then could we open a joint UITF account. But if my account was
cancelled, my money's worth would be 3,000 pesos less than my original
placement. I was told that since Monday last week, UITF has been on a
downward trend. I was advised to close the account to minimize my
loses, just like other account holders are doing. I was advised that
this trend could be for several months. But I opted to let my money
be and hopefully regain its value soon. Since the other banks are
also losing in UITF, I can't think of any other place to invest my
savings.

sayong
06-14-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home