Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Friday, March 10, 2006

H.O.P.E. and give life

When I was in college, my professor in Mass Communication
Ethics informed us that he was an organ donor and that we might
consider it, too.

I wanted to be an organ donor since then but did nothing about it.

But I'm already 33 years old, with one major operation just
last November, and some who are younger than me already died. In
short, one doesn't know when one's time will come, so one simply can't
dilly-dally about these things.

Today, I finally registered myself as an organ donor
(cadaver donor) with the Human Organ Preservation Effort (HOPE)
Philippines. This means that if I were to be declared brain dead (no
pun), my organs can be donated to patients with various types of
end-stage organ disease. This donation may include both kidneys, bone
marrow, long bones, corneas, the whole liver, pancreas, lungs and
heart.

For those who'd like to be organ donors, you may call HOPE
at the National Kidney and Transplant Institute at 924-3601 to 19.
Ask to be connected to local 2154 or HOPE.

Learn more about organ donation at HOPE's website:
http://members.tripod.com/hopetransplant/donfaq.htm.

sayong
03-10-06 4:45pm

3 Comments:

  • At March 14, 2006 7:37 PM, Blogger slim whale said…

    i've been wanting to do this for a long time but just didn't know where to go or who to contact. I've even written something about this in my blog. thanks for giving the contact details here

     
  • At March 15, 2006 12:01 PM, Blogger sayong said…

    Happy Birthday! :) Hope you had a good time yesterday :)
    Anyway, Frau Fe said that Germans prefer greetings to be after the event than before it.
    I haven't been regularly logging on to friendster so I didn't remember. But Em told me today and sends you her greetings again :)

    sayong
    03-15-06 12nn

     
  • At March 17, 2006 12:12 AM, Blogger slim whale said…

    yup, had a great time. as usual. thanks for the greeting

     

Post a Comment

<< Home