Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Thursday, December 15, 2005

chronic poor

While many employed people, like me, bemoan the rising costs
of goods and services, the insufficiency of our salaries to meet our
needs, etc., there are those who are out of work and who cannot afford
even just to meet their basic needs.

The term "chronic poor" has just registered on me while
browsing through the Second Progress Report on the Philippine
Millennium Development Goals. And these are people who are forever
unable to get gainful employment due to lack of education, etc. and
meet their needs.

I've always thought myself poor but at least, I'm transient poor :)

sayong
12-14-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home