Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Sacrificial fish

It is said that a pet dies when something unfortunate is
about to happen to its owner or when an owner gets very sick.

Whenever I get sick or anyone else in our house, my fishes die.

I had my first aquarium in 1999 and have been keeping fish
as pets since. I have three aquariums of various sizes.

On October 16, I bought 12 goldfishes from Bioresearch in SM
Megamall for my 15-gallon aquarium. Of that 12, nothing is left. On
October 17 alone, seven of them died.

On the night of October 18, I had severe abdominal pain that
I thought I should be brought to the nearest hospital and had very
little sleep.

I didn't know that my check-up since October 19 would reveal
myoma and endometrioma.

With only 5 fish remaining from the original set on October
16, I asked my nephew Timboy to buy five more goldfishes to make 10.
Three fishes died. I thought that the water could be contaminated so
I asked my nephew to clean the aquarium. When I got home from work
and class in the evening, only one fish remained.

I asked him to buy me another set of five to make six
goldfishes. I also bought two janitor fishes. One goldfish died on
Monday, one janitor fish, yesterday and the remaining janitor fish,
tonight.

This morning, a big goldfish from my 45-gallon aquarium died.

And on Sunday, just before we left for Violago Parkwoods, I
found one of the hammerhead sharks in my 10-gallon aquarium dead.

It's almost a plague and I don't think it will stop until I
had the cyst in my left ovary removed.

sayong
11-02-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home