Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Quiapo Day

Tuesday is my Quiapo Day. It means that I pay a visit to
the Basilica of the Black Nazarene on this day instead of Friday. I
used to go there on Monday evenings but I now have classes on Monday
nights.

Anyway, I usually get there just before the time for the
feeding program. The first time I happened to be there during its
program before the feeding, I was so amazed that so many people who
are hard-pressed in life would still call on God. I didn't know that
there was such a program.

Tonight, the security guard admonished a man who was wearing
a bull cap inside the church and some street children eating puto
(rice cake) inside.

Sometimes, we just forget good manners inside the church.
Would God reprimand us? Perhaps not because He has more patience and
understanding than we could ever display. But perhaps, he would be
disappointed that we call on Him yet don't show Him enough respect.

sayong
10-18-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home