Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

German reasons

I don't want to go through another transrectal ultrasound.
In two words, it hurts.

The attendant in Manila Doctors Hospital told me to breathe
through my mouth to lessen the pain. It so happened that I still have
some colds so it is harder to breathe.

And I thought, women in the process of labor must suffer
much, much, more.

To distract myself, I tried to recall German words in
superlative. Tomorrow is my mid-term exam in Deutsch (German) 3. I
should get top marks. After the operation to remove the cyst in my
left ovary, the next time I could attend class would be on the day of
our final exams.

I already told my OB-gyne in Delos Santos Memorial Center
that I intend to take the final exams on December 8.

Meine Lehrerin (my teacher) in DFA told me that she could
give me a grade of Incomplete just so that I wouldn't force myself to
attend class when I should still be resting. But I don't think I'd
like to mar my record in Deutsch. It's enough that my lower abdomen
would be marked for life :(

Some classmates suggested that I postpone my operation to
the third week of December. But I am a creature of habit. If I
postpone until December, I wouldn't be able to attend Simbang Gabi
(the novena mass at dawn, December 16-24). Then, I wouldn't feel like
it's Christmas. Then, I wouldn't be able to be as active in the New
Year.

If 2005 hasn't been that good to me and my family
health-wise, then at least, I want to end it well and look forward to
the coming year with as much optimism as possible :)

sayong
11-09-05 11:30pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home