Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Monday, October 10, 2005

taxi rides

I thought that my mother and I would be victims of a hold-up tonight.

The taxi we took from SM Megamall stopped dead at the
topmost of the EDSA-Greenhills flyover. My imagination went overdrive
and I thought that soon after, the driver's accomplice would arrive
and take our valuables – as if we had any :)

He let us out when he saw that we were quite panicking and
said he would help us hail for another taxi. When I saw him pushing
the taxi, I helped him :) And if he was a bad guy, I thought that
he'd think twice. One good turn surely deserves another :)

As it turned out, he ran out of gas. The driver of the next
taxi told us that if the previous taxi had been a Toyota, it would
have given the driver a lot of warning signs and would still have run
five kilometers after it stopped blinking.

The next driver also seemed knowledgeable about the actors'
residences in San Juan. He said that he used to work for Nino
Muhlach's production unit. But since piracy is so rampant and film
producers are no longer making as many films as they used to for they
are not earning, he looked for another source of income.

All in all, it has been a very interesting night for txi rides

sayong
10-09-05

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home