Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Taekwondo

Everything seems to happen on my left side: operation on my
left ovary in 2005, severe sprain on my left hip in August 2006, and
other minor accidents on my left foot, left ankle and left hand.

Today, my left knee suddenly gave way after I made a strong
right kick in a Taekwondo lesson at the office.

As long as I can remember, this is the first time that I
fell in a martial arts session and I didn't even have an opponent :)
I had Karate and Arnis in high school and Judo in college.

I started taking Taekwondo last March 7. We have two
instructors in the office who are members of the International
Taekwondo Federation.

As usual, the instructors held a target pad which we try to
kick or punch as they retreat or advance. I was advancing while
trying to kick left and right one target pad. I don't know what
happened. After a right kick, I suddenly felt my knee wobble, as if
dislocated and lose strength. I fell. I tried to break my fall but
my bottom hit the floor hard. We don't have mats in our gym. My
instructors said that it was a good thing that I had some Judo
training for I was able to save my back and head.

sayong
03-31-08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home