Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Friday, April 04, 2008

knee injury

I thought that my knee injury last Monday was just one of those minor
accidents. My Taekwondo instructor told me to rest and have it
checked after a week.
I went to Manila Doctors Hospital the following day, Tuesday, because
I didn't sleep well from the pain. My doctor thought I had torn a
ligament and prescribed diclofenac for the pain and swelling and an
x-ray.
I got the x-ray result last Wednesday and it didn't say anything about
ligaments.
It wasn't, however, good because I had another accident that morning.
Aside from the pain from my bent knee when I rode a Bacood jeepney to
work, my left knee collapsed when I stepped down the Punta jeepney at
KFC in Mendiola. It was so painful that I would just have crumpled on
the road had not the two women passengers before me helped me to the
sidewalk. Then, one of the pedicab drivers that I have befriended
years ago and who saw what happened brought me to the office. One of
my driver-friends in the office carried my knapsack and assisted me to
our room.
Knowing this, my doctor said that he already had a theory but needed
me to have an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) to be sure.
I had an MRI at the Medical Center Manila yesterday, Thursday. It was
quite an experience, an expensive one :) It felt like being put to
the tomb, feet first :) I asked the technician if he could keep me
company in the room but he said that he had to operate at the other
side. He said that I wouldn't be really alone in the room because he
could see me from the mirror and I could hear him from the speaker.
There was also a microphone in my side so I could talk to him, if
needed.
Anyway, my doctor advised me to take a one week leave of absence or
wear a knee brace.
And this Friday, he advised me to get an operation :(

sayong
04-04-08-

2 Comments:

  • At April 06, 2008 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry to hear about your injury sayong. medyo magdahan-dahan ka na sa activities mo because we're getting old. our bones and muscles are not as strong and flexible as they used to.

    ingat.

    jing

     
  • At April 08, 2008 9:44 PM, Blogger Hazel Marie said…

    Naku, get well soon, Sayong! I just saw this on your blog. Mag-ingat ka lagi.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home