Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Saturday, June 17, 2006

rugby boys

I know of them but I don't think I was ever faced with this
reality until last night and more, today.

And they are not all boys…addiction doesn't have an age limit.

From the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) last night, my
classmates Marc, Tranqs and I accompanied our German teacher to a bank
in EDSA, where she withdrew money to buy a computer. Because of this,
Tranqs and I had to forgo our normal route, which is to travel by FX
taxi along Roxas Blvd. to Manila City Hall. Instead, we rode a
jeepney that passes F.B. Harrison St.

When I saw a dirty middle-aged man sitting on the dirty
pavement and leaning against a closed establishment door, I told
Tranqs that were I that dirty man, I wouldn't wish to live anymore.
Then I saw him raised a mineral water bottle inside a can of Coke to
his nose and sniffed. No wonder that he could forget his pitiful
existence.

sayong
06-17-06 9:50pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home