Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Taiko!

I watched the Taiko! Tambol! tonight at the Main Theater of
the Cultural Center of the Philippines. It has been more than a year
since I went there. My teacher at the Oral Communications Training
Workshop, who was an official at the CCP, invited us to watch Gawad
CCP in 2004.

Taiko! Tambol! was the official opening event of the
Philippine –Japan Friendship Year 2006.

It was testimony to my boss' clout as CCP President's circle
that we even got a place in the lower box at a late notice. My boss
showed me the brochure last week about this performance that said it
was free admission. But when I called Japan Foundation, Manila for
tickets, I was told that it was invitational and the Japanese Embassy
was the one issuing invitations. My boss then called CCP and we got
three tickets.

sayong
01-11-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home