Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Friday, December 16, 2005

power of Christmas

Christmas is in the air. And the lesson drove by today's
happenings is that Christmas is shared by everyone.

The Simbang Gabi (Christmas novena masses at dawn) started today.

One of the reasons I had my operation last month was so that
I'd be strong enough this time to attend the novena mass, as I have
been doing for the past years.

It was difficult for me to wake up at 3 am when I slept at
11 pm because I watched Jewel in the Palace (which airs every 10pm).
It was also hard to take a shower despite the cold morning and my
aching wound.

Our parish priest extolled the power of Christmas to draw
people to the Church and attend Simbang Gabi, even those who seldom
hear masses.

I watched Merry Christmas tonight at SM City Sta. Mesa. I
really wanted to see it last month. I figured that it would be very
good because three embassies sponsored its premier last month – the
British, French and German embassies. It is a very good movie and I
loved it.

sayong
12-16-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home