Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

lean not on thy understanding

Father knows best. Once again, God showed me how true it is.

I applied for a foreign scholarship last year but I didn't
made it to the final list. I applied for a German foreign language
course at the Foreign Service Institute not expecting to pass it but
then I did. Although I've always thought that God has His reasons for
these, I never really thought what those reasons could be.

But this morning, it finally dawned on me how God blessed me
by not sending me abroad this year. Had I passed the scholarship, I
would have been in a foreign land when I needed to be operated on and
just when I needed my family beside me most. There's no doubt that I
would need a surgery this year for my ovarian cyst is a condition that
has been existing for many years now even if it didn't let itself be
known until very recently. It introduced itself when it is on stage 3
already and big enough to cause unbearable pain.

So God let me fail in one foreign course but let me pass in
another so that I would fulfill my need to learn more but still be
near enough my family and all those who care for me.

God is really awesome.

=====
3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and
lean not unto thine own understanding.
3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall
direct thy paths.
- The Proverbs
=====

sayong
12-20-05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home