Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Monday, May 14, 2007

elementary days

Election Day. My Tita Del, mother and I went to Bacood
Elementary School just before 2pm to vote. The nice thing about
voting late is that we didn't have to search for our precinct. Other
relatives who voted earlier told us where to go :)

As we traverse my old school's corridors, I was reminded of
my elementary school days. The second floor area where we voted was
near my grade 4 classroom. I remember that the stairs we ascended was
the same stairs that our grade 4 homeroom teacher ordered us to ascend
kneeling because of a forgotten offense. My homeroom teacher was
quite strict but known for her brilliance. I don't think that I would
be quite what I am today without her confidence in my intelligence and
abilities and her guidance.


sayong
05-14-07 11:15pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home