Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Friday, May 04, 2007

fire truck

As I was going home tonight, the jeep that I was on was blocked by a rushing fire truck in the two-lane one-way Valenzuela Street. As usual in cases of emergency, such vehicles can drive counter-flow.

But what irritated me was that some vehicles on the other lane wouldn't let us move to the other lane in order to let the fire truck pass. How selfish can they get.

And bad as it is, I couldn't help wishing that the fire would happen on their properties so that they could feel the urgency and be more sympathetic next time.

And when I got home, I saw that the Great Eastern Hotel (formerly Aberdeen Court) was on fire. It could have been where the fire truck we met was going to or not. But that fire truck was surely on a mission to save some people and properties.

sayong
05-03-07 11:55pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home