Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

No Sister Act

My sister Tet called today (Oct. 20) to inform me that the
Manila Language School is requesting that our tutorial lessons in Mandarin
be moved to November 6, from October 23.
My sister was quite frustrated because it would mean that we
would finish our lessons by early February instead of the first week of
January. Her husband is expecting her to be in Singapore not later than
the the third week of January.
And I learned all these just now. I feel quite sad...
I know that my sister will be leaving for Singapore, to join her husband
there, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. I thought that she'd leave
by March at least.
Although we don't always agree on many things, my younger sister
and I have always been close. Weekends are usually spent sightseeing,
dining, and going to different malls with our mother. A day will not pass
that she will not call me at the office or I, her. At home, we just talk
about anything.
I am already missing her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home