Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Friday, October 08, 2004

> Sum of All Fears

Oct. 7, 2004

God is greater than the sum of all my fears. 

This is my litany whenever I feel afraid. 

And today, I woke up feeling apprehensive. 

I dreamed that I was in Baguio City for a seminar.  I saw Baguio Cathedral on our way to Session Road or downtown.  I remembered wanting to stop so I could buy my current favorite snack - Mikasan Choco Flakes. But since we were quite rushing, I thought that I would just come back later.  Back in the house (...quite weird since I was in Baguio instead of Manila), I remember that I asked my sister to hurry up so we could catch the mass at Baguio Cathedral and I proposed that we go home the following day rather than that day so we could go sightseeing.

In another dream, I was in a seminary or a convent that was as old as the churches seen in Intramuros.  I couldn't remember what I returned to a nun inside a cubicle and whose face I shouldn't see or else, something bad will happen to me.  I remember walking along its cold walls.  And I remember wishing that I had brought my camera with me.

My dreams were not particularly frightening but I can't help feeling that these were foreboding of bad things. 

This evening, my mother showed me that 6 out of the 11 carps which I bought just last Sept 18 died today for no apparent reason.  There is a belief here that when pets die, they are actually saving the owner from worse tidings.

But whatever lies ahead, there's nothing I can do but face it and pray for God's guidance in every step I take.  Fear could not conquer me because God is with me and He is greater than the sum of all my fears. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home