Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Friday, October 08, 2004

Create Waves and Make a Difference

Oct. 7, 2004

Life has given us many lessons and mentors.  Some are easily forgotten and some, take roots in our hearts and change our lives.

One unforgettable character in my life was my humanities teacher.  She told our class to create waves and make a difference because we were from the University of the Philippines.

I will always be proud of my alma mater and grateful that it has nurtured me.  But I know now that making a difference is not the prerogative of a select group.  I believe that making a difference should be every person's goal. 

In our lives, we come in contact with so many people.  Knowingly or unknowingly, we leave our prints and marks on them as they do to us.  We leave our bakas. 

I want my bakas to have done well to others.  After all, a life well-lived is a life that has touched as many lives as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home