Bakas

Bakas in the Filipino language means print, mark, trace, trail or vestige. This blog, then, records all those that left their marks or my impressions on anything under the sun :)

Sunday, November 25, 2007

christmas bazaars

I started buying Christmas gifts today. I waited until today
because I wanted to buy my gifts at the 41st International Bazaar at
the PICC Forums this day. The entrance ticket was 100 pesos each and
children below 7 years old were not allowed.

It was fortunate that my mother, Tita Del and I decided to
come earlier. There were so many buyers that by noon, many of the
items were sold out. Among such items was Spain's Boleo chocolates.
When I returned to Spain's booth after lunch, there wasn't a single
box left.

Unfortunately, the items that I'd like to give were
expensive. Instead of gifts, I ended up buying things for myself :)

From PICC, we proceeded to the World Trade Center where there
was also a Noel Bazaar. The entrance fee was 50 pesos each.

I was glad to find a stainless scissor at a booth from Albay.
When I last looked for one in SM Centerpoint, I was told by the
saleslady that they no longer carry such product because its sale was
slow. No wonder in that because such scissors run for generations.
It only needs sharpening from time to time (which can be done in any
HBC outlet) and it doesn't easily break like new brands with plastic
handles.

Summit Media was also selling back issues of its publications
for 3 for 100 pesos. I got some Good Housekeeping issues. In the
outlets of SM and Booksale, GH back issues cost 50 nowadays.

We combed each aisle in PICC and WTC, trying to find good
bargains. Now, my back and legs hurt from all the walking, my purse
is a lot lighter but I'm happier. I found what I came for.

sayong
11-25-07 11:25pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home